On-call sushi delivery - Wasabi

Sometimes I get grumpy on call. There are many days when I would continue to work through the day non-stop and not finish the official duties until late in the afternoon. Only then would I be able to attend to my hunger issues. Thankfully on one of my recent call shifts, an amazingly wonderful friend of mine picked up sushi from Wasabi and surprised me with a impromptu sushi dinner!
Out came four rolls and a Goma:
1. Goma (top of the picture) consists of blanched spinach, sesame seeds and fresh fish. Boy was this wonderful. The unexpected sweetness from the sesame sauce worked so well with the spinach and fish.
2. Rainbow roll (middle-top of picture) consists of a california roll topped with fresh tuna and salmon. Here, the freshness of the fish was readily evident. Delicious
3. Will-san roll (middle-bottom of picture) consists of fresh salmon with tempura crumbs. Probably the most typical of the rolls but the freshness of the salmon stood out here.
4. Icy spicy roll (bottom of picture) consists of tuna and vegetables wrapped with a cucumber. Definitely interesting and unique. The crunchiness of the cucumber actually adds a whole different dimension to the usual seaweed of sushi.
5. One more roll I unfortunately forgot the name of

Thanks again for the surprise and wonderful delivery!

Wasabi Sushi on Urbanspoon

Comments