Impromptu Bubble Tea - Vi-Ann's

Sometimes the best meals are the impromptu ones. After wrapping up work for the residency committee, I had a massive craving for bubble tea. For some reason, my Asian food cravings never tend to subside and so I volun-told my fellow resident to join me for some local bubble tea at Vi-Ann's:


Vi-Ann's, from my understanding, is a local favourite for vietnamese cuisine. Originally located in Osborne, they recently relocated and re-opened on Notre Dame. Being close to the hospital, I was desperately hoping this would turn into my new go-to Asian food place at the hospital.
My usual order is a Lychee bubble tea with Lychee jelly (original ... I know). For whatever reason I forgot to opt out of the tapioca pearls for the jelly, oops. What came out was passable. It lacked the smooth milkiness of bubble tea and tasted more like a crushed ice smoothie. Guess I learned my lesson going to a Vietnamese place for bubble tea.
I have to order Beef & Beef Balls Pho when I go to a Vietnamese restaurant. My usual measuring stick for a new place is the quality of the broth and the freshness of the beef. Both are huge check marks here! The broth was wonderfully rich and the beef fresh and perfectly thinly sliced. I left a happy camper knowing I had a go-to Vietnamese spot close to the hospital.

Vi-Ann Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Comments