Call dinner - Sorrento's

Another night of call means another call dinner. Recently I have been going through a eating out phase where I have to deal with numerous cravings throughout the day that I cannot possibly make on my own. This was the exact situation last night on call. When my fellow resident asked if I wanted to order in food, I jumped at the opportunity. Looking at the local delivery site SkipTheDishes, we landed upon Sorrento's.


Two entrees resulted in this delectable bounty. I ordered the Grilled Chicken Breast Dinner while my co-resident ordered the Baked Penne Pasta.
The dinner includes a complimentary salad. Given the choice between house, Caesar or Feta; I went with the Feta Salad. A relatively large portion of greens, but overall average tasting. If anything, it was a good reminder to get some vegetables.
Part two of the dinner was either Rice Pilaf (or Mashed Potatoes) and Steamed Vegetables. The pilaf was quite nice with a good aroma and filled with lots of vegetables.
Part three was the Grilled Chicken Breast. The protein of the day was disappointing. Listed as "marinated in signature spices", it was a bland and dry offering. At least it was a healthy serving.
The Baked Penne that my co-resident dined on. A huge portion of pasta, cheese and tomato sauce. Overall, the dinner was a filling but unremarkable.

Sorrento's on Urbanspoon

Comments