Indian Buffet - Charisma of India

Bad things happen to all of us. Whether be it at work or school, life is inevitably going to turn on itself and force you with tough situations. Having hit a relatively rougher part of my life recently, I have learned that you have to continue your life while dealing with the problems. To have a concern dominate and constrict your life can only lead to more anger, sadness and fear. Alas, I decided to treat myself to lunch one day post-call. As mentioned multiple times previously, Indian food is my kryptonite and I could not resist a good Indian buffet. In gallops Charisma of India.


For a mere $13 (+tax and tip), Charisma of India has one of the better lunch Indian buffets I have been to. Housed in the heart of Sherbrook, it looks deceptively small. Upon arriving, the nice husband and wife combination got me seated and ready to go.

I have been trying to play with presentation of buffets in my blog. Today I vowed to try everything and showcase them all. Starters included a Vegetable Pakora, Mini Samosa and various Indian dips and chutneys. Thumbs way up for the mango chutney.
Plate 2 included vegetable offerings. Indian food always tastes better with saffron rice. From the rice (going right), we have Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower), Channa Masala (Chickpea Curry), Palak Paneer (spinach and paneer) and Mixed Vegetable Curry.

Plate 3 was the meat dishes: Chili Chicken, Tandoori Chicken, Goat Curry and Butter Chicken. There is also some Navratan (vegetable) Korma mixed in there too. To serve goat is impressive for a cheap lunch buffet. It was surprisingly tender and popping of flavour.
The butter chicken was a little disappointing as it used drumsticks as opposed to chicken breasts. Complimentary Naan Bread to soak up the curries. Charisma's version are nice and flakey.

For dessert I could not resist the Mango Custard with fresh fruit. Wonderfully refreshing to end a large and heavy meal. Of note: Charisma offers a full lunch and dinner menu.


Charisma of India on Urbanspoon

Comments