Vancouver 2015 Wedding - Papparoti

In the afternoon of the wedding between the ceremony and the reception, we decided to tour Vancouver and see some of the sites and attractions around town. On a busy Saturday afternoon it was no surprise that Robson Street was hopping. I was impressed by the energy and vibrancy of the city, the eclectic people and the natural beauty that envelops you.


Feeling the need to get refreshed, we stopped by PappaRoti for a quick coffee. A chain of coffee bars unique to Vancouver, I am told of their wonderous coffee and delicious buns. As we were hoping to walk through Stanley Park, it was an short walk to the location on Robson West.

I was told I had to get the Coffee Bun. I was initially unimpressed, what is this ordinary looking bun and why are people so fussy about it? One bite changed it all: super crisp and crunchy on the outside with a slight hint of caramel flavour and incredibly buttery on the inside. The secret apparently lies in their technique of double baking the buns allowing them to get the unique flavour and dichotomy of textures. We ordered the bun with a side of Coconut Cream. While good, I found the sides actually detract from the subtle caramel flavour of the bun. I recommend enjoying these on their own, especially when fresh out of the oven.

With my stomach filled and caffeine receptors filled, we departed for Stanley Park. Little did my travel companions know, but my mind was still swimming in the deliciousness of PappaRoti's bun.

PappaRoti on Urbanspoon

Comments