To a classic ... - Bridge Drive-In

One of the places everyone here in Winnipeg tends to rave about is BDI. Touting lines that could last up to half an hour, I had to go check out this Winnipeg institution.

BDI doesn't try to do anything fancy. Just shakes, sundaes and soft-serve.


The girlfriend enjoyed a Oreo Cookie Dough milkshake. Within the creamy ice cream was bountiful oreo cookie bits. So good
For me I had to try their softserve. When I saw the menu I told myself that I had to try the standard ice cream with no toppings nor dressings. THEN while in line, a child walked past me happily eating a bunch of sprinkles off his ice cream. I was sold. I have a soft spot for sprinkles. They are horrible for you, being all sugar and all that. But I couldn't resist. When it came to my turn, I got the watermelon flavoured ice cream with sprinkles. Boy was it delicious. I now know why everyone loves BDI. Part of it is the ice cream, but part of it is also being able to enjoy the company of close friends and loved ones. There's also this super snazzy bridge you can walk across with your dessert in hand. Loved it.

Bridge Drive-In on Urbanspoon

Comments